Looking at Tycho's screen after release!
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
We've founded and developed ProDnD at Gray Lake Studios. Here is the full list of the contributors past and present: Bram Bakker, Rune de Groot, Tycho Henzen, Tobias Hoffmann, Wijnand van Tol, Erhan Turel, Tunc Turel, Saverio Wielkens and Ies Wierdsma.
ProDnD uses images found via Creative Commons search engine. Here are the attributions required for these images:
ProDnD uses images found via Creative Commons search engine. Here are the attributions required for these images:
- Kudremukh, Shola Grasslands by Karunakar Rayker, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/51VGiW
- Desert Sands 3 by Jan Smith, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/6VbmJR
- Snow by Simon Doggett, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/5Y721c
- Mt. Rainier by Nick Mealey, user under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/dL3Y3k
- The Sea Cliffs of Pembroke by Durand, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/ekR46a
- Svalbard, Tundra Landscape by Billy Lindblom, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/6YSp3F
- Bureau of Land Management by Organ Mountains, used under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ - Blurred and cropped from original. Original can be found at https://flic.kr/p/sZF6fa
ProDnD uses various packages/libraries as helper tools. Here are the attributions required for these tools:
Posted by tuncOfGrayLake at 3:21 AM
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
We've been testing and preparing for an iOS release for the past few weeks and it has been truly difficult on our brave and patient programmer Tycho! Soon we'll be submitting an iOS version for a review and that means the Apple people will be checking our application to see if it has enough dungeons to keep them nasty monsters in. Keep your eyes on the horizon as we plan to win this fight against hooked errors and bugsbears!
Posted by tuncOfGrayLake at 6:38 AM
USER FRIENDLY SUMMARY aka don’t wanna read a wall of text.
There are two things you should know right off the bat:
- The data we collect is anonymous.
- We only use this data to improve your experience.
We distinguish what our users like and dislike with our analytics tools as we collect data to find out the favorite generator of our users or whether a paint brush is used or ignored.
We kindly ask you to help us with this in order to make a better ProDnD suited to your Dungeon Master needs. We do this after each installation soon after you start the application. If you opt-in, that helps us improve ProDnD. If you decide to opt-out we wipe away the tears. If you've opted-in/out and had a change of heart, you can toggle the analytics on/off through the SETTINGS menu.
Hope you enjoy the app!
The Gray Lake Team
GRAY LAKE STUDIOS
PROD&D: DUNGEON GENERATOR
We, the developers, at Gray Lake Studios, from now on referred as “we”, are dedicated to protecting the privacy rights of our users and we think you should know how we handle your data to its minute detail. We will never explicitly collect any particular information without asking your consent and having received your consent. Please read this document thoroughly.
We are not responsible for the actions of third party people or companies, the content of their sites, the use of information you provide to them, or any products or services they may offer. Any link to those sites does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those people or companies.
By reading this Policy fully and having selected to opt-in at the starting screen of the Service, you are expressing your agreement to this Policy and the processing of your Data in the manner specified and provided in this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please select to opt-out of this program. If you have already selected to opt-in and you changed your mind then simply reverse your decision through the Service.
MEANS OF DATA COLLECTION
In our Service we will ask you to read this Policy and give you the option to opt in or opt out of Data collection the moment you run the Service on any of the supported platforms our Service runs on. If you’d like to give your consent and opt-in for Data collection then our Service will start collecting information and send it to our analytics panel at GameAnalytics. Your anonymous Data will become visible to us through this tool which is accessible to Gray Lake Studios’ developers.
TYPE OF DATA COLLECTED & THE MANNER IT’S USED
At Gray Lake Studios the type of data we collect is classified as your "Non-personal Information." This is information that does not identify you and cannot be used to contact you personally, including information about your non-precise geolocation information (e.g., your country), as well as information about your computer and mobile device, such as your unique device ID, or other persistent identifiers, and their hardware/software/firmware. Non-personal Information also includes "Usage Data," which is anonymous data tied to your computer and/or device, such as the actions you take within the Service, the date and time of your use of the Service, your progress, engagement duration and achievements.
Non-personal Information may be used by us for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, security and other purposes. Below are examples of the Data we collect through our Service and why:
- Type of Purchases Made: This data is collected automatically by Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store whenever you make a purchase. This way we aim to track which in-app-purchases are successful and which ones are not. This helps us remove unwanted features and learn about store items that are popular so we can invest more time in developing new functionality our users are more likely to enjoy.
- Duration of Sessions Played: With this data we are able to see how long users spend time using our Service. We can distinguish those who spend a couple seconds every day from those who use the Service for longer periods of time. We can also see how many users are online at a given time and we get an understanding of the sort of impact our development causes.
- Types of Buttons Pressed: When you are using our Service we collect how many button presses you made and on which buttons you have pressed. This helps us identify poorly placed buttons and subsequently we can improve our UI design to bring you a better experience. We can also identify the functionalities that are being frequented from those that are barely used. That in return helps us take decisions in removing or modifying our features.
- Type of Generators Used: This data helps us see the most and least liked generator types which gives us an idea about what sort of new generators should be added.
- Parameter Values for Generators Used: This data helps us set the default starting values for our generator parameters. It also tells us how much the parameters are prone to be played with. If a parameter is engaging we will keep it and if a parameter is never changed perhaps we will decide to remove it so it doesn’t clutter the list.
- Types of Events Generated: This data helps us understand the type of events our users are interested in. If there’s an unused event type we will remove it. If there’s a popular event type we may decide bring extra features surrounding this event like new visuals or relevant types.
- Device Platform Used: This data is crucial for us to connect all existing data to relevant platforms. Several devices might be having crashes due to a bug and we need to know which platform it’s specific to if any.
- Device Name: Google Play Store collects this data and we have no say over it. We don’t make use of this data in any way.
- Device Model: Google Play Store collects this data and we have no say over it. This data helps us distinguish the types of mobile devices that use our Service. We learn about the device resolutions and sizes through the model types. This way we know which model of device to test our Service on as well as if our Service is more popular on tablets or phones.
THE DISCLOSURE OF THE DATA
- We will not sell, rent or transfer your Data to third parties without your prior consent.
- We may disclose your Data or other information collected if required by law or court order, if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct, to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Service, or to protect the property or safety of others.
- In connection with any sale of our company or any line of business, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and such customer information will be transferred or sold to the acquirer in the event of any such sale or disposition of any or all of our business.
CHANGES TO POLICY
If you have any questions regarding this Policy please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by tuncOfGrayLake at 6:15 AM
Friday, May 1, 2015
Download the latest version here
- Nov. 3rd, 2017, v2.5.36:
- Fixed an issue where the submit button wasn’t sharing the map properly any longer due to errors.
- Fixed an issue where the device camera was stuck on the same Map QR, incapable of scanning new Map QR’s after having scanned one.
- Refactored all sharing related codes and cleaned up the codebase. This helps us spot and fix bugs faster and bring features without breaking functionality.
- Added new error and exception managing systems which help both developers and users see detailed reports. If your analytics settings are turned on we will get automatic reports of these issues which in turn helps us fix things faster.
- Improved the Stick Biome Generator with new parameters and fixed parameters that didn't scale correctly to the size of the map. We highly urge you visit this generator again as it has improved tremendously.
- Sending feedback e-mails through our app now includes the build’s version number and the platfrom its being sent from. These are vital information we need when we receive bug reports from you.
- Oct. 25th, 2017, v2.5.34:
- Fixed a bug that failed to unlock Starter Set.
- Fixed a bug where a duplicate file was created for the store credentials.
- Fixed a bug where the Round Room Generator had a broken connection algorithm.
- Fixed the bug where navigation to a store item on the store panel by clicking on a locked item was not storing the currently selected item.
- Fixed the bug where pop-up windows were raising the previously displayed pop-up window’s button event.
- Removed the Restore Purchases button. Purchases will restore properly by themselves from now on.
- Improved the Rocky Hill Generator with new parameters and fixed parameters that didn't scale correctly to the size of the map.
- Updated the engine to the latest version: Unity v2017.2
- Added a tool for developers that allows them to toggle generators’ generation speed and frames.
- Oct. 2nd, 2017, v2.5.29:
- Added line, triangle and spray drawing tools.
- Fixed a bug where accessing the store in offline mode was causing the app to crash.
- Implemented store persistence logic.
- Fixed an issue where the non-encrypted store history file was not deleted.
- Updated analytics. Analytics now will work if users approve it. It wasn’t working before.
- Dialogue text typos fixed.
- Updated various UI panels.
- Changed the splash screen.
- May. 1st, 2017, v2.5.10:
- Store label is now highlighted.
- Added a new purchase option that unlocks everything at a single price.
- Removed bundles that were out of date.
- Feb. 8th, 2017, v2.5.4:
- Updated printing functionality to include props as well.
- Feb. 8th, 2017, v2.5.3:
- Fixed a bug where tapping on the map name didn’t work.
- Jan. 27th, 2017, v2.5.2:
- Added drag and droppable props that help you furnish your map further.
- Fixed various bugs.
- Jan 11th, 2017, v2.4.12:
- Hotfixed an issue with pro version of the print.
- Dec. 30th, 2016, v2.4.10:
- Added new features that allow you to print with better resolution on multiple sheets of paper.
- Jul. 25th, 2016, v2.4.8:
- Added Sewers Generator.
- Modified the UI to accommodate the advanced print functionality.
- Jul. 18th, 2016, v2.4.7:
- Fixed a bug where tapping on an iap opened the store with an incorrect price tag.
- Added “Broguelike Generator.” This generator was inspired by one of our favorite games, Brogue.
- Jul. 5th, 2016, v2.4.6:
- Added a creature simulator that allows you to summon creatures onto your map.
- Tweaked the noise on Black Chasm & Castle generators and added new parameters to these generators.
- Jun. 13th, 2016, v2.4.5:
- Added a handle to the event buttons that allow you to reorder them.
- Ensured events being consecutive.
- Added an event glow that automatically works when an event is selected.
- May. 30th, 2016, v2.4.4:
- Made some changes to the UI of various lists to create some more screen space
- Made some changes to Stick Biome Generator
- May. 23rd, 2016, v2.4.3:
- Added Redo feature to paint mode
- May. 17th, 2016, v2.4.2:
- Added Undo feature to paint mode
- May. 4th, 2016, v2.4.1:
- Overhauled the store.
- Added a number of new backgrounds.
- Restored the Alternate Dungeon Generator as part of the Basic Generators Pack and made it work better.
- Created foundations for an interesting feature that will likely be included in the next update. (SECRET! :P)
- Mar. 9th, 2016, v2.4
- Added the editor mode. Now you can paint tiles!
- Added 13 new icons to go with your events.
- Added a safeguard for saving/loading/printing empty maps.
- Added comments and cleaned the code.
- Revamped tiles conceptually in preparation for editor mode and more easily expandable tile sets
- Updated our tileset editor to support orientations, weights and editing.
- Changed how themes are selected because the old way caused a bug in edit mode
- Fixed various bugs:
- FAQ page was incorrectly titled as READ ME.
- Store description for the generator starter pack was incorrect.
- The “show map generation in steps” setting didn't work.
- Reddit access token was being handled incorrectly.
- Some window layers clashed within the UI.
- Reddit captcha wasn’t displaying right.
- And more...
- Jan. 5th, 2016, v2.3.3:
- Fixed sharing signature issue that makes shared maps unloadable.
- Dec. 18th, 2015, v2.3.2
- Activated Christmas sale. 50% off on all items in the dungeon store until end of January 1st, 2016.
- Added an event library. This allows you to save/load your most frequently used events.
- Added map sharing. This allows users to post and share their maps on the r/ProDnDMaps.
- Added qr loading. This allows users to scan shared public maps from r/ProDnDMaps and load them into their device.
- Added map browsing. This opens a in-app-browser that lets you load public maps from r/ProDnDMaps with a direct link.
- Modified URL buttons to open the in-app-browser for ease of access.
- Added parameter sliders with string values.
- Added a settings menu button and window that let's you modify the app preferences.
- Fixed the Unity Analytics.
- Improved the popup window system.
- Added a flexible full-screen window system.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with the save files.
- Added a message board that displays news and welcome messages from the developers.
- Fixed the rate us dialog.
- Made it easier to tap on event tacks.
- Fixed a rare issue where the map fails to generate if it tries to render tiles that shouldn't be present on the map.
- Modified XML saving to use %-escaped characters, this should ensure that all save files are encoded correctly, this should not affect backwards compatibility.
- Modified some existing icons and terminology for ease of usability.
- Added a system that lets the developers prepare and activate various events.
- Nov. 5th, 2015, v2.3.1
- Added a new generator, Black Chasm.
- Added a new background, Black Rocks.
- Fixed a situation where background wasn't set in start and didn't save.
- Oct. 19th, 2015, v2.3
- HOTFIX: Fixed the rate us dialogue window not appearing.
- Raised the map size cap for generators from 101 to 256.
- Tapping on the map name now opens a window where you can add a description to your map.
- Added a generation in progress’ message. Now you can watch maps as they’re being generated!
- Tapping on the event tacks now opens the edit window..
- Tapping on the parameter slider now instantly changes that parameter’s values.
- Added a ‘reset to default values’ button for all generators’ parameters.
- Added two new backgrounds:
- Added two new tilesets.
- Mosaic - Snow
- Symbol - Snow
- Modified and improved all of the generators and their parameters.
- Added walkways to castle generator.
- Added a margin parameter to the castle/tower generators.
- Added connection parameter to stick dungeons.
- Added stick size parameters to stick biome and stick dungeons.
- Added a thickness parameter to connection tunnels in cavern.
- Added round rooms to dwarf town generator.
- Removed cluttered parameters from cathedral generator.
- Converted the room frequency parameter to room density. Now rooms are placed dependent on the size of the map.
- Added/Improved/Modified more parameters in various generators.
- Generator engine has gone through major overhaul.
- Fixed a bug where generic parameters (map size and border) would carry over between generators under certain conditions.
- Adding/Modifying generators is now much faster and easier for us, so expect new generators to be coming much more frequently.
- You can now see the generation in steps as it’s happening, these steps are more-or-less time based so you should be seeing a preview of the map roughly every second.
- Improved all generator speeds drastically by updating the codebase.
- Save and Load system was improved.
- Maps are saved in XML format to allow compatibility with future sharing features.
- All old save files will be automatically converted to the XML format when the loading tab is opened. (This may cause a significant lag the first time you open the load map screen depending on how many save files you have.)
- The selected background is now saved with the map.
- Added pathfinding as a way to connect rooms. This fixed the artificial cavern connections and made them look organic.
- Added diagonal corridors to the regular corridor connections in some generators.
- Added perlin noise to castle generator for organic shapes.
- Disabled analytics for this build while we work on more important features as it broke for unity 5.2.
- Added ‘libnoise’ as a library for use in future generators.
- Tweaked many default values for all generators.
- Pinching/Zooming is more accurate now as it now zooms on the central point of the pinch rather than the center of the screen.
- Added a ‘loading in progress’ message.
- Fixed a bug where the map could appear to disappear when the map was zoomed out a lot.
- Duplicating events now adds a postfix to the duplicated event name for unique naming.
- Changed the starting background.
- Fixed a bug where you were unable to place events on the map in certain conditions
- Updated Unity to 5.2
- Added ‘Hodor’ to the random name generation.
- Aug. 19th, 2015, v2.2.1:
- Hotfix: Removed the READ_PHONE_STATE permission by editing the manifest manually after building the .apk.
- Aug. 18th, 2015, v2.2:
- Modified/Removed existing themes. Added new themes.
- Added a new generator: Keep Generator.
- Upgraded existing generator: Castle Generator.
- Fixed the issue where tiles were displaying tears.
- Improved generator algorithms and the generation speed.
- Raised the max cap for the map size up to 127 by 127.
- Rebuilt map display code which led to faster map interaction.
- Added new toolset to allow developers to add and modify themes efficiently.
- Added a "Rate us" prompt.
- Added a link to the r/prodnd Reddit community.
- Changed Store button visuals.
- Cleaned up a bunch of old graphical assets to reduce file size.
- Modified print functionality for improved stability and speed.
- Cleaned up generator buttons to be more consistent.
- Added new backgrounds.
- Updated store graphics and descriptions.
- Updated logo.
- Loading is now backwards compatible with all versions.
- Renamed some of the "U Corrider Fix" parameters to "Simplify Corridors" as they sound more user-friendly.
- Updated some of the default parameters.
- Due to upgrading the Unity version the app now asks for permission READ_PHONE_STATE. We are NOT using this. It's a bug in the 5.1 release of Unity and will disappear in a future version.
- June 19th, 2015, v2.1.2:
- Added a purchasable cathedral generator.
- Fixed various bugs and tweaked a few things.
- June 2nd, 2015, v2.1.1:
- Added name generator as a purchasable item.
- May 27th, 2015, v2.1.0:
- Dungeon store has had a rework to be more obvious, including screenshots of the features you're buying
- Print functionality
- Notification popup is now able to show multiple, consecutive messages (tapping on the notification clears the queue)
- Notification popup for print functionality will open the saved image on tap
- Added "Expand map" button to allow you to both center the map, and make it fit inside the screen
- New backgrounds
- Big code cleanup overhaul
- Generate button is now locked while a map is generating to prevent them from queueing up when the generate button is tapped multiple times
- Tapping a locked button now opens the Dungeon Store
- Splash screen now has a loading bar
- Fixed a bug that could cause two event colors to be selected at the same time in the Event editor
- Update log button in the app now points to this page
- Event needles now show the color of the event in the list (rather than just a white icon)
- Added a Feedback button so you can get in touch with us directly via the app
- Added an exit button
- Fixed several depth issues which would cause parts of the GUI to disappear under specific conditions
- The app now no longer restarts when it is minimized, so you don't have to worry about your map disappearing when leaving the app
- Fixed a bug where, if you created events, deleted some, added more, and then saved the map, the resulting file would not load correctly
- Notification popup should now show up in front of all other UI elements at all times
- ProD logo background was changed to look nicer with the main toolbar open
- Fixed the castle generator being selected on startup
- Possibly fixed a bug where UnityAndroidProxyPlayer would fail to load, causing a crash (Please let us know if there are issues with this)
- May 1st, 2015, v2.0.3:
- Fixed sharing functionality
- Fixed various other minor bugs
- May 1st, 2015, v2.0.2:
- Fixed a bug where dungeon store crashed.
- Fixed a bug with restoring purchases
- Added feedback messages for purchases completion - cancellation and restoration.
- Apr. 30th, 2015, v2.0.1:
- Fixed a bug where dungeon store items appeared inoperable.
- Apr. 30th, 2015, v2.0:
- Major GUI overhaul.
- Events are added.
- Map save file preview is removed as it was causing lags.
- Added a new generator: Castle Generator
- Added new themes: Mosai Themes
- Added/Removed/Modified multiple generators.
- Fixed unresponsive parameters.
- Added center map functionality
- Added dungeon store.
- Added backgrounds and background selection toolbar.
- Fixed multiple bugs.
Posted by tuncOfGrayLake at 3:13 AM
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
First of all, thanks for all the support. We appreciate all the reviews we have received so far, negative and positive alike. It gives us a good sense of direction and where to go next.
It has been several months since our last update, and we have been working on a bunch of things, given the small scale of our team it has been difficult, but we decided to iron out a bunch of issues and create a clean slate.
What did we change?
- Faster: 50x50 maps are faster, we fixed a major rendering bug and now you can create up to 100x100 maps and browse with little bit of frame rate drop.
- More maps: we have added a new map genre: castles.
- Backgrounds: you can now change the background of the map screen.
- Events: the biggest and most important update, you can drop tacks on the map, and edit their content.
- Lock map and Center Map: you can lock your map, or center on it with a button.
- New GUI: a new slick design for the user interface, which wasn't sausage friendly. Numbers are more visible, easier to manage, etc
What is upcoming
- More Maps: we will keep releasing more maps available for purchase in the dungeon store.
- More Backgrounds: we will also release more backgrounds for different setups which you can purchase.
- More Events: Currently events and note placing is pretty generic yet invaluable, we intend to flavor things up a bit by adding new models for tacks, and generating content.
- Generators: We will add smaller generators, such as treasure, monster, auto-events, name, etc.
- Mystery Box: We cannot really write it here, but hopefully will announce it when production starts.
- Even Faster: We will fix some identified errors in our generator, and make things faster, which we think will get all the way over 9000.
We are still trying new things with ProD&D, and we are not native app makers, so if you do not agree with something we did, or have input, criticism, ideas, please share them with us. Here's some bonus pictures for the viewing pleasure.
Have a nice day,
- ► 2017 (9)
- ▼ 2015 (7)